Saturday, December 26, 2009

End of the year thoughts.

2009.. Wow! If I had known my 2009 would have gone the way it did, I may have made some different decisions. Time to sum it all up. The ex and I broke up in April 2008 and Ben and I started seeing eachother. I consider our anniversary to be 5/25/2008. SO, we've been together for about a year and a half. I WAS in Reno from August 2008 until August 2009, but I have since moved back to Las Vegas due to medical circumstances. As much as I appreciate having the option to come back and live at home with my parents, it's certainly not my 1st choice. I miss Ben. It's kind of funny that I knew that I am in love with him before I left Reno, but the intensity of how much I really do didn't hit me until I no longer got to see him every day.

I started the year off cleaning my old apartment. Ben was working graveyard, so he had to go to work AT midnight on New Year's last year. SO, I cleaned.. then went to bed. I was working at Wal-Mart. No more than 3 months into 2009 my ulcerative colitis decided to make isn't presence more known. I took time off work to get some of my problems squared away only to find out that I was going to just have surgery. Originally, the surgery was scheduled for April, but I didn't end up having it until June (long story that I've probably blogged about somewhere else). Then I spent the entire summer all the way until October 1st in and out of the hospital every few days. In between all of that I had my colectomy, moved back to Las Vegas, went back to work at my old leasing job, racked up some pretty serious medical bills, gotten even further behind in college. In other words, I've managed to turn my life into a complete clusterfuck. SO, 2010 is going to be a little different.

I don't necessarily know that moving back to Reno or even having Ben and I in the same town is even attainable in 2010, but OMG I hope so. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but it also makes me lonely and sad as hell. I guess I'm going to have to put the having Ben part of my 2010 goals into the "Wishlist" category.

SCHOOL: I need to get back into college. I'm registered for a communications class, but I really need to go down to the college and get all my registrar crap figured out because I can't do anything I need to with the online registrations stuff. Plus, I need to go to a health programs orientation so that I can hopefully get on the right track to get into nursing school even though it probably won't be until I'm 30. HA!

DIET/EXERCISE: May sound like a big joke, but I decided that I'm not eating fast food for a year. Good thing it's grossing me out super bad lately! I signed up for a Jillian Michaels thing, so we'll see how it goes. If I'm not using it, I'll cancel it. Gotta work on getting to that fancy, shiney gym at my building! Hardest for me is probably going to be not drinking soda. I'm not going to lie.. I probably still will, just not as often. Water, gatorade, and juice are my friends. :)

WORK: Just gotta stay positive and try to make as much bonus as possible.

FINANCES: I really need to pay off my credit cards! I also need to go talk to an attorney about my medical bills. There is no effing way I'll ever be able to pay them off, but I think I'll feel about 1000x better once I talk to someone about it and create a plan.

HOME: I need to clean up more often. I also need to stop being as bitchy as I am. I'm working on it, but it's hard sometimes.

Anyway... The countdown begins... 5 days until the New Year and hopefully a better one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment