Friday, January 15, 2010

2 Weeks in... Not too bad.

So, I wouldn't necessarily say that the year has started off with a bang or anything, but it hasn't been so bad. The calendar changing from 2009 to 2010 certainly didn't stop medical bills from flooding my mailbox on a daily basis. I should probably start working on figuring out what to do with that. I just don't even know where to begin. I do have a gameplan in mind. I'm trying to move back to Reno in May and take a CNA class at the community college up there since it's a pain in the ass to get into one here in Las Vegas. My goal is to move back up there in mid-late May and take a summer CNA course. The trick is going to be working on getting that taken care of, finding a place to live (qualifying for a place to live in particular), and not really alluding any of that to my boss over the next few months. She's not going to be too pleased when I tell her I have zero intention of being a leasing consultant for more than a few more months. She's kind of fucking rude these days anyway.. so, this is all on the assumption I don't get myself fired or just quit in the next 4 or so months.

I've been feeling frustrated with people lately. I feel like I'm trying to be a friend to people who seem to be in need of good company, but are too blind to see the good company right in front of them. My most recent annoyance (mainly because I am annoyed about it right now) is a particular person who can log onto facebook and comment on peoples walls, but can't respond to me. That doesn't piss me off at all... and I do mean that in the most sarcastic way possible. I just fucking hate double standards and between last night and tonight I feel like I have a HUGE one just thrown in my face. I DID however, get to go to a hookah lounge with a good friend of mine and although we had to kind of hurry, it was good times. I even saw ANOTHER old friend of mine named Aliea. I didn't recognize her in time and by the time I realized it was her she was too busy to talk to, but that was interesting.



I went and had lunch with the bestfriendface today. It's always nice to go hang out with her. Then I went to stop by her house to drop something off for her and her house key snapped off in the lock, so I drove all over hell and back for no reason. AND I didn't get a chance to pick up my Brand New CD, Boo! I hung out at her work for a while and bought some new stuff. So, that was exciting. Also a good time, especially the freaking waitress at Mimi's that was NOT our waitress that kept interrupting our conversations to try to talk to Kelly about tattoos as if we really gave a shit.

I went to the doctor yesterday for a follow up. He kind of pissed me off. I have to have this test done where they have to give me an injection. He wants me to buy the vial of the injection which is no big deal. The problem is my insurance does not cover it and it only comes in packs of 10. It ends up being like $1300 for the 10 pack and you can't buy them individually through the pharmacy. So, I told him that I don't have a problem paying for the 1 vial, but I do have a problem paying for the whole package of it since I only need one. He proceeds to tell me he does not like to buy the cases of it either because it costs his office money and it's a loss for them........ I understand from a business standpoint where he's coming from, but at the same time.. why should I give a fuck? He charges upward of $200 every time I go to his office to visit and talks to me for less than 5 minutes... Every time he peeked his head in my hospital room at Mountain View I got charged even more for him to ask me how I'm feeling. So, I really don't give a fuck if it's a "loss" for his office to order something because the way I see it, the amount he's gotten paid through me alone compared to the amount of energy he's put into my case should MORE than cover the cost of the stupid fucking case of vials. Vials, of course, that he is indeed ordering for me to get the test done and charging more than the cost to order them. So, when I go get the test done in 2 weeks I get to pay $150 to get a shot. Aren't you jealous?

I'm going to Reno for a visit on February 11. YAY!

Chantal took me to The Double Down... Good times.





My cat is freaking adorable by the way...



Oh yeah, one more pretty important thing. I've been dieting, kind of. I just told myself no fast food. I haven't been doing too bad. I've just been bringing food to work and making food at home. I haven't really lost a bunch of weight of anything. 4-6 pounds or so as of yet. The medications I'm on don't help, especially since the transition between injections to pills. I made one exception for the no fast food agreement. Since Wendy's decided to freaking make Spicy Chicken Nuggets just in time for me to stop eating fast food... I have to try them. And don't worry that McDonalds made a Big Mac Snack Wrap that I can't try... whatever... I went to lunch at Mimi's and eating that food made me feel pretty crappy, so it's better than I not eat out anyway. I've been feeling super good ever since I stopped eating all that crap anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment